Students in Action
Kyra Kim is at the beach again, but her Ph.D. advisor won’t mind. Kim’s research is among the first to explore the biochemistry of the wet sand zone on beaches.
- Amanda Rosier, Pioneer in an Unseen World
- Mohammad Afsar, Tracking Carbon Chemistry in Wetland Soils
- Anders Kiledal, What Lives Inside Concrete?
- Maggie Capooci, Champion of Tidal Salt Marshes
- Xiangmin Liang, Making Bioplastic from Microorganisms in Wastewater Sludge
The DENIN Network in the News
Delaware’s chapter of the Sierra Club, DNREC, and several other partners hosted an electric vehicles awareness event Tuesday as part of National Drive Electric Week. University of Delaware researcher Dr. Willett Kempton says the state’s charging network is a limitation to electric vehicle adoption here — but adds that’s the case across the country.
Faculty Cluster Hire
An interdisciplinary team of faculty from five University of Delaware colleges will be conducting a Coastal Water Security cluster hire focused on water quality, toxicological assessment and restoration of contaminated environments, and impacts on human and ecosystem health arising from increased stressors in the coastal environment. To learn more, click link above.