Students in Action
“Biochar is seeing wide use these days, but it’s viewed as almost a magic powder,” says Danhui Xin, DENIN Environmental Fellow and Ph.D. student. Her research aims to increase the scientific understanding behind why and how biochar works. Biochar is a …
- Alma Vázquez-Lule, Advocate for Coastal Wetlands
- Amanda Rosier, Pioneer in an Unseen World
- Xiangmin Liang, Making Bioplastic from Microorganisms in Wastewater Sludge
- Anders Kiledal, What Lives Inside Concrete?
- Rucha Wani, DENIN Environmental Scholar, Researching Carbon Storage in Permafrost
The DENIN Network in the News
New Castle County has finished surveying residents of two communities along Route 9 about environmental conditions in their neighborhoods— and whether they might ultimately want to relocate, if given the opportunity.Dr. Victor Perez is a professor of sociology at the University of Delaware with specializations in environmental justice, health and illness, and the sociology of risk developed the survey with the help of community members over several months.
Faculty Cluster Hire
An interdisciplinary team of faculty from five University of Delaware colleges will be conducting a Coastal Water Security cluster hire focused on water quality, toxicological assessment and restoration of contaminated environments, and impacts on human and ecosystem health arising from increased stressors in the coastal environment. To learn more, click link above.